The House was chaired by Rt. Hon. Deputy Speaker Jacob Oulanyah.
- Vincent Bamulangaki, Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries presented a statement on streamlining of water for production and value addition in the budget for FY 2019-20. He said the Ministry will construct solar power and irrigation schemes with a capacity of 30 hectares and the amount budgeted for the project are 34 billion.
- The following papers were laid in accordance with Rule 31 of the rules of procedure:
- Report of the Commonwealth Women’s Forum, “An Empowered Future for Women and Girls.” 14th – 21st April 2018, London, United Kingdom.
- Submission of the corrigenda to draft budget estimates for Financial Year 2019/20.Value for Money Audit report on selected urban infrastructure projects implemented by the Uganda Support to Municipality Infrastructure Development Program (USMID) participating in Financial Year 2017/18.
- The House approved the Supplementary Budget Expenditure of Schedule 1 and 2 for FY 2018/19 with Amendments.
- Simeo Nsubuga presented a motion for a resolution of Parliament to inquire into land wrangles in Bukoba village. Nalutuntu Parish, Nalutuntu Sub County, Kassanda South Constituency.
Hon. Betty Amongi, Minister for Lands, Housing and Urban Development promised to take up the issue. She also committed to the presentation of eviction procedures after a meeting with the Attorney General.
- Robert Kyagulanyi presented a statement on his unfair treatment by police and the cancelation of his shows. He promised to move a motion for improvement of the welfare and increment of salaries for security personnel alleging that the poor conditions frustrate them thus leading into mishandling civilians.
- The Report on the Commonwealth’s forum, “An Empowered future for women and girls”, 14th – 21st April 2018, London, United Kingdom was laid in the House in accordance to Rule 31 of the Rules of Procedure.
- Ssewungu demanded an update from the Minister of Gender, Hon. Florence Nakiwala Kiyinji on the Ministry’s commitment to sieve all labor exporting companies in Uganda.
- The House adopted the report of the Committee on Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries on the investigations into the giveaway of Maruzi Ranch scheme and the illegal leasing and grabbing of land belonging to the ranch.
- The House passed the amended Rules of Procedure of the Parliament of Uganda which were presented by Hon. Obote Clement, Chairperson of the standing committee on Rules, Privileges, and Discipline.
- The House granted the Select Committee on Apaa land issues a two weeks extension to present the Committee report.
- The Law Revision Bill, 2019 was read for the first time.
The Speaker referred the Bill to the Parliamentary Legal Committee.
- Hon. Adeke presented a petition on the behavior of some Army members in Ishaka-Bushenyi, interfering with the operations of Bushenyi main mosque and encroaching on the right to freedom of worship of the people in the area. The prayers of the petitioners were;
- Government to vacate UPF from Bushenyi main mosque.
- Parliament to investigate the matter.
- Government to investigate into the unprofessional conduct of the Army.
- The House adopted the report of the select committee on the payment of claims by the Uganda-South Sudan traders against the Government of South Sudan.
- The House passed the Appropriation Bill, 2019 into Law which marked the end of the Budget Process. The budget for fiscal year 2019/2020 is over Ugx 40.4 trillion. The Appropriation Act, 2019 will be operational starting 1st July 2019.
15. The following Members have been nominated by the government and the opposition for election as benchmark commissioners;
- Hon. Peter Ogwang (NRM)
- Hon. Robinah Nabanja (NRM)
- Hon. Rwakajara Arinaitwe (NRM)
- Hon. Francis Mwijukye (FDC)
- 16. The Deputy Speaker notified the House that Rt. Hon Speaker Rebecca Alitwaala Kadaga might chair the plenary sitting of Wednesday 29th May 2019.