- The Speaker congratulated the Muslim community upon the observance of the Ramadhan which commenced on 06th May 2019. He also reminded members of the need to accomplish the budget process before 30th May 2019.
- Lyandro Komakech raised a matter of national importance on the two decomposing bodies in Gulu Referral Hospital mortuary and prayed for dismissal of the Hospital Director.
The Speaker directed the State Minister for Primary Health care, Hon. Joyce Moriku to visit Hospital mortuaries and provide the required equipment and human resource.
- Woboyo raised a matter of national importance on the heavy rains that greatly affected Bugusu sub-region. He requested the Office of the Prime Minister to visit the affected areas and prayed for the government to provide shelter and food aid to the victims.
- Kabafunzaki Herbert, MP Rukiga County presented a Petition on the fraudulent takeover of market land located in Rushebeya, Rwamucucu Sub County, Rukiga District.
The Speaker referred the Petition to the Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development with a directive to report back to the House within 2 weeks (by Thursday 23rd May 2019).
- Kania Obiga, State Minister for Internal Affairs presented a statement on the brutality by the police on some of the constituents of Kotido Municipality that led to the death of one person and arrest and detention of 18 others. He confirmed the death of the person who he identified as Anita Ajok 45yrs who was hit by a straight bullet.
- Elijah Okupa expressed his discontentment on the failure of the State Minister for Finance and Planning Hon. David Bahati to present the Mobile Money Bill as prior promised on the floor of the House. Hon. Bahati explained that bureaucracy had delayed the process and committed to presenting the Bill before the end of May 2019.
- Joyce Moriku, State Minister for Primary Health Care presented a statement on the status of Apac Hospital. She committed to the functionality of the hospital x-ray by July 2019.
- The Minister of State for Energy, Hon. D’Ujanga Simon presented a Statement on areas open for competitive bidding for petroleum exploration licenses in respect of the second licensing round in Uganda.
- The Speaker referred the Anti-Money Laundering (Amendment) Bill, 2019 to the Committee on Finance and Planning.
- The House adopted the motion for the resolution of parliament urging the government to prioritize funding for the Health Sector.
- The Speaker referred the motion to the Committee on Budget.
- The House stood over the Tax Procedures Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- The House passed the Income Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2019 into law with amendments Income Tax Amendment Bill, 2019 to become the Income Tax (Amendment) Act, 2019.
- The House passed the Tax Procedures Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019 into becoming the Tax Procedures Code (Amendment) Act, 2019.
- The House adopted the report of the Committee on Government Assurances and Implementation on the status of implementation of Government Assurances in selected districts.
- The House adopted the motion for the Resolution of Parliament urging Government to recognize and protect the unique Languages, Culture, and Customs of Minority Communities in Uganda.
- The House adopted the motion for the scrutinization of the Cooperative Societies (Amendment) Bill, 2019
The Speaker referred the Statement to the Committee on Natural Resources.
- The House passed the Motion for Second Reading of the Roads Bill, 2018.
The Speaker guided those Members who intend to move amendments to the Roads Bill, 2018 to submit their proposals to the Office of the Clerk in time for the Bill’s Committee Stage on Tuesday 14th May 2019.
- The House passed the Cooperative Societies (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- The House was adjourned to Tuesday 14th April 2019.